Pursue your online bachelor’s degree in aviation security and prepare for a crucial career that ensures the safe transport of people and goods across the world. This degree program gives you a broad base of knowledge in business management, aviation operations, aviation technologies, criminal justice, and terrorism. You can apply this aviation security degree in both the public and private sector, working with airlines, airports, government agencies, corporations, cargo transport services, and more.
What you’ll learn
The Lynn University aviation security bachelor’s degree program provides a foundation in aeronautics, public safety, and management. In this program, you will:
- Learn to use the resources necessary to make tactical and strategic decisions, increase productivity, and find cost-effective solutions within the aviation industry
- Study airport operations, including functions and responsibilities, regulations, and planning
- Develop a practical managerial “tool kit” to become an effective aviation professional
- Have an opportunity to pursue your Private Pilot License
- Build your problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, and technical skills
- Explore contemporary issues in science and technology
- Analyze the origins, motives, operations, and psychology of terrorism
- Examine counterterrorism techniques and their impacts on civil rights and civil liberties
Aviation is a multibillion dollar global industry. The ability to move people and cargo safely is essential to the proper functioning of the United States economy. Opportunities in this field vary greatly based on the industry, career focus and location.