Become an environmental expert and leave a lasting impact on planet preservation. As climate change concerns and regulations increase, environmental specialists are expected to remain in-demand. At Lynn University, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge to create and enforce solutions to complex environmental problems, preparing you to work collaboratively with private businesses, state and local governments, political figures, lobbyists and more. You’ll walk away equipped with the data management, analytical and leadership skills today's employers value most.
What you’ll learn
The Lynn online bachelor’s degree in environmental policy and management prepares you to help businesses develop practices that minimize waste, prevent pollution and conserve resources. In this program, you‘ll explore:
- The various approaches to environmental management, including but not limited to conservation, preservation, sustainability, resiliency and mitigation
- How to examine environmental issues and how they affect the earth beyond the local level
- The issues regarding the sustainability of the human population with an array of natural resources
- The tenets of public policy both in the United States and internationally as related to the environment
- The principles of environmental justice and the issues relating to it
- How scientific theories and ideologies influence governmental decision-making
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects about 9,400 openings for environmental scientists and specialists each year, on average, through 2030. The outlook of environmental policy careers is positive due to an increasing population and heightened public interest in environmental concerns. Overall, employment of environmental scientists and specialists is expected to grow 8 percent from 2020 to 2030.