Financial aid

Paying for school

Earning your bachelor’s degree online at Lynn may be more affordable than you think. In fact, Lynn has been consistently recognized for its low student debt load at graduation. Explore federal financial aid, loans, scholarships and grants to help cover the cost of tuition and get you on the path to realizing your endless potential.

What type of funding is available?

Federal Direct loans are guaranteed government loans available to all U.S. citizens and legal residents. A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form is required to determine eligibility. Visit for details. There are several types of loans:

  • Subsidized loans are awarded based on financial need. The federal government pays the interest on subsidized loans while a student is attending at least half-time.
  • Unsubsidized loans are not based on financial need and the federal government does not pay the interest.
  • Parent PLUS loans are available to parents of dependent students enrolled at least half-time.

Private educational loans: Private loans are another form of financial assistance. We usually recommend that students pursue Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans before seeking private loans. Visit FastChoice to view Lynn’s preferred lenders list.

See notes and conditions for important information.

FAFSA school code

Lynn’s FAFSA school code is 001505.


We’re here to help. Contact the Financial Aid Office at:

student working with financial aid counselor student working with financial aid counselor

Other grants, scholarships and loans

Criminal Justice students

Members of law enforcement—save 5% on your online courses through our Undergraduate Criminal Justice Grant.

Florida students

Eligible Florida residents seeking their first bachelor’s degree can qualify for this $2,841 Florida Effective Access to Student Education Grant (FL EASE).

Military students

Lynn is a partner in the Yellow Ribbon Program, sponsored by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which caps the cost of your tuition.

Tuition and fees for bachelor's programs

Bachelor’s degree tuition: $375 per credit
Fees: $200
Annual total: $11,450

Cost estimates are based on completion of 120 total credits (30 credits per year). Instructional material fees are a one-time charge and do not apply to students who reside internationally or who provide their own iPad and required apps. Some programs and courses may have additional costs.

How to apply for federal financial aid

  1. Complete your FAFSA online. Lynn’s code is: 001505.
  2. Submit a Master Promissory Note.
  3. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling.
  4. Receive your student notification award from Lynn. (Regardless of the source of your financial aid—state, federal or institutional—you will receive an award letter from us including all the documents you’re required to complete in order to receive funding.)
  5. Complete financial aid paperwork to receive funding.

All U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens interested in applying for financial aid must complete the FAFSA. You’ll find step-by-step instructions on the FAFSA website, as well as other helpful information.

International students do not qualify for federal or state aid.

Completing your FAFSA

You’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to complete your FAFSA, as well as other helpful information, on the FAFSA website.

Find answers to frequently asked financial aid questions

  • General

    What is financial aid?

    Financial aid is any source of money that helps you to pay for your education. Common forms of financial aid include scholarships, grants and loans.

    Do I need to be a full-time student to receive financial aid?

    You are still eligible for federal aid as long as you are half-time or more; however, some aid sources may be prorated based on the number of credits you are taking. Florida state aid requires full-time status.

    Is there financial aid offered to online students?

    Yes. Online students have access to financial aid.

    Will I receive the same amount of financial aid every year?

    If you are a need-based aid or Federal aid recipient, you will be required to complete the FAFSA annually. Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on your making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, such as earning a minimum number of credits and achieving a minimum GPA.


    Do I have to be admitted before completing the FAFSA?

    No. You can apply for financial aid any time beginning October 1. To actually receive funds, however, you must be admitted or enrolled at the university.

    Should I apply for financial aid before I am admitted?

    Yes. The sooner you are able to complete the FAFSA, the better.

    Do I have to fill out the FAFSA every year? Will I receive the same amount of financial aid every year?

    Your eligibility may change from year to year for a variety of reasons, so reapplying is recommended. You will receive a renewal application each year; update this form and resubmit it.

    What is a Federal FSA ID, and how do I get one?

    The FSA ID is your electronic signature for the FAFSA and other Department of Education websites. You may apply for the FSA ID while completing the FAFSA itself, or beforehand at

    I've been notified that my FAFSA application requires "verification."

    This is a routine request that only means you may need to provide some additional materials—verification worksheets, tax return transcripts, W-2 forms, Social Security cards, and/or citizenship documents (or some combination of these). Those requiring verification will be contacted by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA). More information on completing the FAFSA is available on

    How do I add Lynn University to the FAFSA?

    Visit and click on “add or delete school code.” Add Lynn to the recipient’s list. Once you’ve confirmed Lynn is listed, please ensure that your FAFSA is signed by selecting “Sign electronically with your FSA ID.”

    My FAFSA was completed about two months ago, and I’ve been waiting on my award letter because I need to make a decision. Why haven’t you received it?

    The most common reason for us not having received your FAFSA is that we are not listed as a recipient on the application. Please visit, click on “Add or Delete a School Code” and include us on the recipient’s list.

    Another common reason why we may not have communicated back to you is that we may have received the FAFSA, but it was rejected due to a missing electronic signature. The same resolution applies; visit and click on “Sign Electronically with Your FSA ID."

  • Award letter

    How will I receive my financial aid package?

    All student financial aid package notifications will be sent via email and can be viewed at

    What is included in the award notification?

    The notification describes the financial support awarded to you by the federal government, the state (if eligible), and Lynn. Read your letter carefully. Aid titled “DirectPLUS” or “EstAltern” means you must apply for and be approved in order to receive them.

    What is Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?

    EFC stands for Expected Family Contribution. Your EFC is generated upon completion of the FAFSA and represents the amount of money the U.S. Department of Education expects you to contribute toward your education.

    Why is the EFC listed on the FAFSA different from my bill?

    Your EFC is the amount of money the U.S. Department of Education expects you to contribute toward your education. It does not represent what you will be charged on your bill to attend Lynn.

    What is Cost of Attendance (COA)?

    COA stands for Cost of Attendance. Your COA is the total cost of direct university charges plus an estimation of what it might cost you for books or other expenses.

    I received my award letter, but it only lists my Lynn discount. Where is everything else?

    We package all known sources of financial aid at the time we create your award letter. We may not have received your FAFSA by the time we created your package. As soon as we receive your FAFSA or become aware of any other source of financial aid for you, we will revise your award letter and notify you via email.

    What is the Electronic Student Aid System (E-SAS)?

    E-SAS stands for Electronic Student Aid System. It is your window into your personal finances here at Lynn. It is available to all accepted, deposited and current students. You may access your E-SAS account directly at

  • Scholarships, grants and loans

    Are there any additional grants, scholarships or discounts I should know about?

    For those who qualify, you can consider:

    • Family discount: Save 5–15% if you have an immediate family member enrolled at the same time you are.
    • Federal Pell grant: If you are in dire financial need, you can apply for this federal grant.

    How do I apply for scholarships?

    Application for FL EASE and supporting documents are required the first year. We then re-determine and re-award the scholarships to continuing students at the completion of the academic year.

    What happens if I am awarded an outside scholarship? Do I have to notify Lynn? Will it affect my financial aid eligibility at the school?

    Yes, you must notify Lynn's Office of Student Financial Services, and yes, it could affect your financial aid eligibility.

    How do I choose a lender?

    Please see our private lending site, which also includes private lenders.

    What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?

    A subsidized loan does not accrue interest while the student is in school. The interest on an unsubsidized loan, however, is the student’s responsibility and begins to accrue once the loan funds are disbursed. The student can opt to allow the interest to accumulate; however, it will be added to the principal amount of the loan and increase the amount to be repaid. We recommend that students contact their loan servicer to make quarterly payments on the interest.

    What loan options are available?

    If you are a dependent, your parents may apply for a federal PLUS loan, or you could apply for a private student loan.

  • Military students

    What funding, benefits or programs are available for military students?

    Yellow Ribbon Program

    Lynn University is a participant of the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), which is a provision of the Post–9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Visit the VA site for information.

    Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)

    The Post 9/11 GI Bill® is for individuals who served at least 90 days of aggregate duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001. Visit the VA site for information.

    GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

    Survivors and Dependents Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35):

    If you’re the child or spouse of a veteran or service member who has died, is captured or missing, or has disabilities, you may be able to get help paying for school or job training through the Dependents Education Assistance (DEA) program.

    Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR):

    Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve candidates must be members of the Selected Reserve, which includes Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

    Award amount varies. Visit the VA site for information.

  • International students

    Do international students need to submit a FAFSA?

    International students are not required to fill out a FAFSA or apply for financial aid. There is no federal or state aid available for international students.

Notes and conditions - PLEASE READ

Low student debt load: Source: Forbes, “Top 25 Low-Debt Private Colleges 2017