What can you do with a liberal arts degree? Your career options are as extensive and varied as the topics you’ll be studying in our online bachelor’s program. Whether you’re looking to explore your interest in the humanities or prepare for graduate studies, Lynn University’s four-year degree delivers a broad and diverse education that can help you achieve your goals.
You’ll take courses in international communication, psychology, literature and contemporary social issues while becoming an effective communicator, critical thinker and problem solver. A liberal arts degree not only prepares you for countless job opportunities, it also fosters an appreciation for lifelong learning that will benefit you throughout your future career.
What you’ll learn
The online liberal arts degree helps you develop critical thinking, analytical and communication skills through courses from a variety of disciplines. In this program, you will:
- Examine race, ethnicity and the challenges racial-ethnic groups in America face.
- Analyze contemporary social problems such as discrimination, addiction, crime and more.
- Study the ways people interact.
- Understand human cognitive abilities, including perception, learning, reasoning and decision-making.
- Explore current global challenges through human, cultural and political geography.
- Use current events to study international relations.
- Learn to successfully implement human rights norms, standards and practices.
- Examine the structure and process of the American judicial system.
- Learn how culture influences communication.
The most common industries where liberal arts and humanities majors land are elementary and secondary schools and higher education.