An online bachelor’s degree in psychology at Lynn University equips you to help others reach their potential and lead full and impactful lives. You’ll study the mind, behavior, personality, and their impact on individuals and society. You can use your psychology bachelor’s degree as a springboard to a master’s or doctoral program, or explore other psychology degree career paths. The skills you learn are transferrable to a number of industries including business, communications, criminal justice, education, human resources, marketing, sales and more.
What you’ll learn
In Lynn University’s online psychology program, you’ll gain a well-rounded education that explores the cognitive, social and physiological aspects of the discipline and enhances your psychology career options. You’ll examine:
- Human cognitive abilities including perception, attention, learning, memory, language, reasoning and decision-making
- Ways to analyze a number of contemporary social issues including ecology, discrimination, drug abuse and armed conflict
- The effects of stress on the body and behaviors
- Race, ethnicity and the challenges facing various communities
- How cultural factors influence human behavior and mental processes
- The processes regarding group interactions such as persuasion, aggression, prejudice and interpersonal attraction
- Psychological disorders and ways to treat them
- Different research methods in the field of psychology
Employment for psychologists is projected to grow 8 percent through 2030, resulting in about 13,400 openings. Demand for psychologists in schools, hospitals, mental health centers, and social service agencies are expected to increase as more focus is paid to mental well-being. The COVID-19 heath crisis and its impacts have also increased demand.