What story do you need to tell? What’s the best way to tell it? Organizations large and small are looking for savvy communication and media professionals who can help them answer these questions. There’s an ever-increasing need to create content, disseminate information and engage audiences worldwide. Getting your communications right—through social media, public relations and advertising—can help businesses stand out among their competitors. An online degree in communication and media will give you what you need to make a lasting impression.
What you’ll learn
The Lynn University online bachelor’s degree in communication and media takes a hands-on approach to learning. You’ll create advertising campaigns, craft social media strategies and use the latest video editing software to tell your story. At the end of the program, you’ll understand various aspects of communication and media, including:
- The building blocks of communication
- Interplay of advertising, public relations and social media in American society
- Influence of culture on communication
- Mechanics of social media messaging
- Photojournalism and capturing a critical visual experience in real time
- The art and technique of digital video editing on the latest software
- How public relations can help organizations achieve their missions
- Employment in communication and media careers is expected to grow 14 percent through 2030, faster than the average for all U.S. occupations.
- 151,000 new communication and media jobs are expected to be created through 2030.