Grow your career in law enforcement and public service
With an online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Lynn University, you will be able to take on positions of responsibility and leadership in a variety of fields. Criminal justice jobs include law enforcement, homeland security, drug enforcement, fraud and financial crimes investigation, corrections and victim advocacy.
In this program, you will thoughtfully engage with a number of topics, such as policing, the U.S. court system, civil rights, race and ethnicity, geopolitics, punishment and more.
What you’ll learn
In Lynn University’s online criminal justice program, you will gain a well-rounded education to develop a holistic approach to criminal behavior and crime. With courses that span multiple disciplines, you will:
- Analyze contemporary social issues such as crime, discrimination, family disorganization, and drug abuse.
- Learn about current global challenges and the complex connections between people, culture and places.
- Explore race and ethnicity and the challenges facing minority communities.
- Examine various psychological disorders and the methods used to treat them.
- Understand the theories of victimization, the evolution of victims’ rights and the experiences of victims in the criminal justice system.
Employment in the protective services is projected to grow 8 percent through 2030, resulting in about 286,400 new jobs.1