With a career in early childhood education, you help children develop the essential skills that they will build upon as they learn and grow. In this online program, you’ll prepare to work with young learners of various cultures, learning abilities and English language levels. Working with children from birth to age eight, you help set the groundwork for learning in daycare, preschool and primary school. Your early childhood education career can help to foster curiosity and a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
What you’ll learn
The online Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education at Lynn University takes a comprehensive approach to learning. You’ll discover the type of early childhood educator you want to be and acquire the tools and techniques to make a positive impact on children’s lives. In this program, you will explore:
- Social and educational issues faced by teachers in multicultural classrooms
- Instructional methods and strategies for English language literacy development
- Current linguistic theories and principles of second language acquisition and literacy development
- Various teaching strategies such as learning strategies, universal design, cooperative learning, peer tutoring and more
- Student disabilities and disability services
- Effective classroom management that fosters engaged learning
- Instructional practices for children with special needs who are at risk of academic failure
Career outlook for early childhood teachers
Employment of preschool teachers is expected to grow 18 percent through 2030, much faster than the average for all U.S. occupations, while employment of preschool childcare center directors is expected to increase 11%, and kindergarten and elementary school teachers by 7%.