Make a positive impact in the lives of young minds. If you’re interested in pursuing careers in education, elementary educators encourage the growth and potential of our youngest learners (grades K–6), developing a strong sense of identity and purpose. The online bachelor’s in elementary education degree at Lynn University helps you develop the multitude of skills that are necessary to lead an efficient, culturally responsive and engaged classroom. Due to changing demands in this field, qualified elementary teachers are expected to remain in-demand.
What you’ll learn
The Lynn University online bachelor’s degree in elementary education helps you learn to meet the academic needs of diverse groups of children. In this program, you‘ll explore:
- Managing a classroom, and how to create and maintain an efficient learning environment
- The methods and materials appropriate for young readers in primary grades, such as perceptual development, vocabulary and oral language development
- The principles of inclusive education, including identifying and developing exceptional learners
- How to effectively guide a multicultural classroom, including tools for understanding the characteristics of students from diverse populations
- Instructional methods, best practices, linguistic theories and content for English as a second language learners.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects about 124,300 openings for K–6 educators each year, on average, over the next decade. The outlook for teaching jobs is positive due to the need to replace workers. Overall, employment of kindergarten and elementary school teachers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2020 to 2030.