As the U.S. population ages and lives longer, the demand for healthcare services is expected to increase. Hospitals and healthcare facilities will need knowledgeable and ethical leaders to help manage, organize and enhance healthcare delivery. In the online bachelor’s degree in healthcare management program at Lynn University, you’ll study healthcare from an operations and management perspective. This program will help you understand the impact of various stakeholders in the healthcare industry. You’ll gain the management, leadership and technical skills to make a difference.
What you’ll learn
The Lynn University online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management prepares you to improve patient outcomes and the quality of care by using sound business practices. You’ll learn about:
- The U.S. healthcare system and the economic, political and social structures that affect it
- The building blocks of healthcare operations including statistics, business strategy, operational tools and quality management
- Ethical dilemmas facing the healthcare industry
- How to manage costs while increasing productivity and the quality of services
- Healthcare policy decisions and insurance regulations
- Human resource concepts that will help you recruit, develop and retain the right employees
The demand for skilled medical managers is high. Employment is projected to grow 32 percent through 2030, much faster than average for all U.S. occupations. About 51,800 job openings are projected each year on average.